With two Disney cruises under our belts and a third one booked for next year…I think it’s safe to say my husband and I are quickly becoming pros. There are a lot of things we didn’t know about on our first cruise with Disney and on our second cruise this past October we learned even more! I’m not sure what discoveries await us on our adventure next year, but I’m ready to share some of the tips and tricks we’ve gathered so far!
- Food is basically unlimited. Apart from Remy, Palo, and alcohol…you’re basically able to order whatever and however much you want at no extra cost. You can order room service 24 hours a day, which my husband and I took full advantage of (to an embarrassing degree)! Besides the room service, you can order as much as you want at dinner. Torn between two entrees? Not a problem! You can order them both! You can even order an entree to take back to your room for a late night snack. My husband and I like to eat, okay?! Which brings us to the next tip..
- There is an actual feast that takes place after the fireworks show on pirate night. No, I’m not just talking about the incredible food and menu at dinner… At the cabanas, there is a buffet that typically runs from about 10:30-11:45 on Pirate Night aboard the Disney Dream. The time may vary but at the buffet you can get turkey legs, tacos, ice cream, assorted desserts, and so much more. We had no idea this even existed on our first Disney cruise, but we definitely made sure not to miss out this time around!
- This one is a trick we made up ourselves! You know that delicious guava juice you can get during breakfast at the cabanas? Well my husband, who is an absolute genius by the way, had the idea to make mimosas with it! You’re allowed to take 2 bottles of wine or champagne per person onto the ship…so we definitely had the means to whip up some mid morning treats! They were next level delicious. “Free” alcoholic drinks aboard the ship? You’re welcome!
- Get a day pass for the spa! Not only will you be able to come and go to the rain forest room as you please, but you will have full use of the hot tub all day. The hot tub is way more private than the one on the adult only section open to everyone, and the view is spectacular.
- The drink of the day! Order the drink of the day one time for eight dollars and you will get a refillable cup that you can use for the rest of your time on the cruise. Every time you order the drink of the day after that, it will only cost you five dollars! You can even take the cup home with you afterwards! And boy, are those drinks delicious.
So there you have it! Our favorite tips and tricks that we will be keeping in mind for our third cruise next year. Is it bad that we still have months and months to wait and in my mind I’ve already skipped ahead to planning our 2020 trip? I have a serious Disney addiction.